Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Drowsy Chaperone

Last night, Jerry and I went to see his great-niece Caitlyn Luther in the Episcopal High School production of The Drowsy Chaperone. Caitlyn played "Kitty", one of the main characters and it was a hoot!

The production quality was just amazing and these kids have real talent. They were singing ~ belting it out! ~ and dancing and the script called for numerous "freeze" moments where they would be stuck in a variety of awkward positions and facial expressions while the narrator added interesting commentary about the play. I had never seen it, but it's sort of a play within a play. Very funny.

Caitlyn's character was a dizzy blond with show-biz aspirations and a belief that she could read minds. Watching her in that blond wig I couldn't stop thinking about Carol Channing. Of course, no one in the cast would even know who Carol Channing IS!

I can't believe I didn't have my trusty flip cam ~ if I can get my hands on some photos I'll post them. And if you don't have anything to do tonight (7:30pm) or Sunday afternoon (3pm), go see The Drowsy Chaperone at the Episcopal Underwood theatre on the 610 feeder road between Bissonnet & Fournace. It's $10 and you'll enjoy every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment