Sunday, January 8, 2012

The New Year

I'm not really the New Years resolution type, because ... you know ... who are we kidding?

That said, I do always have that little moment of nostalgia when the old year ends and a new one begins. Thoughts of the past are always quickly replaced with thoughts about what's ahead in the new year, so I decided to make a list of a few things I'm looking forward to in 2012:

Helping Jerry open the Tanglewood Branch of The Bank of River Oaks, known around here as "Jerry's Bank", in February. It's been a long time in-the-works and I know their third location is going to do great!

Running - We're already registered for the Capitol 10,000 in March and the Crescent City Classic in April. I'm not making any promises about my fitness level or finish time, I'm just looking forward to being there!

The Rodeo - Although I'm not as involved in Rodeo Houston as I was during the Chase years, we always enjoy going out there and welcoming the Salt Grass Trail Riders into Memorial Park is an annual event. It's silly, but even after twenty-seven years, I still love it when they stream down N. Post Oak Road, headed for the park - creating traffic jams as the horses and wagons complete their week-long journey.

Rain - It's funny how you don't miss something until it's been gone a while, but after 2011 I have a new attitude about rain. I no longer care if its messing up my hair or making people drive crazy - I just appreciate the fact that it's keeping the trees and wild animals alive. I'm looking forward to a drought-busting spring all across Texas!

The Byron Nelson - We're going back to the Byron in May, if our good friend can finagle us a room at the host hotel. It's always a good experience, the money goes to a great charity and it's a fun way to see the golfers up close and personal.

More time at the Beach! - 2011 was a good year, and I am grateful for the extra work, but I put in a LOT of weekends and we weren't able to spend as much time at the beach as we like. Of course, this goes hand-in-hand with replacing the beach house furniture that's been on the "Goodwill list" for the last year. Note to Pottery Barn ... I need a factory condition Austin style sofa and chair to turn up at the outlet store in San Marcos for about 40% off!

Golf - my golf game has gone to the dogs over the last year or two and 2012 may be my come-back year. Look out GCC, you'd better load up on sand to fill my divots!

Cougar Football - we've been season ticket holders for several years and although I'm no fan of those early season afternoon games (can you say HOT?), we have a great time watching the COOGS. With their stellar 2011 season, I'm hoping for a good schedule and ALL night games in 2012!

Laying out strategic marketing plans, developing on-target creative and producing lots of events for current and new clients. BrewerETC wrapped up it's SEVENTH year in December and I had the opportunity to work with many great clients, who have become friends. That's a blessing and I am very grateful.

Spending time with family and friends - time passes so quickly and we all need to cherish the good times!

Happy New Year ...

No comments:

Post a Comment