Wednesday, January 30, 2013

To Blog or Not to Blog?

That is the question!

I resisted the FaceBook craze for years and still question their integrity and privacy policies, but over the last few months have posted more on-the-spot photos from my iPhone or iPad. It's convenient and fast and I'm in touch with friends via FaceBook who wouldn't care to read the details posted on the blog. Not that you do either ... ;)

On some occasions, what I would have written about had already been highlighted with a FaceBook photo and, being fully aware that my life is just not that interesting, I didn't write a blog post. With several legitimate excuses - December 9, 2012 marked the one year anniversary of Dad's death - I fell behind in December and then just got lazy. I should have been focused on the miracle Christmas, but frankly I was distracted by memories ... the good, the bad and the ugly.

As Valentine's Day approached - the one year anniversary of Mom's death - I decided to look back at some blog stories and photos and as I scanned the entries that started in 2009, I realized that the blog was a pretty good snapshot of the highs and lows of several years. I decided to keep it going.

So this post is an up-front apology to those of you who read the blog and are also FaceBook friends - when you see FB posts followed by more detailed blog posts, just ignore them. Or read them if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment