Friday, January 11, 2013

The Tigris River and the Fitbit

What do these two things have in common? Since buying the FitBits in mid-May last year, I put in 1,246 miles running, walking, grocery shopping, producing Kelsey-Seybold events, etc., and that's more than the length of the Tigris River! Who knew?

Anyone within earshot has heard Jerry and me talk about our little FitBits - they provide up-to-the-minute feedback on daily steps, calories burned, stairs climbed and this model can even analyze your sleep patterns. Once set-up, your tracker syncs very detailed data to your account on the FitBit.com website.

Several days ago, they sent us emails with the following recap of our 2012 activity. Kind of a fun surprise.



I was most active in November, when I was doing the long runs and I have no idea what I did on July 15th to be so active - I guess I was really movin'!

Jerry put in 986 miles, which is more than the length of the California coast, and was most active the month of June. Must have been the "pressure" of monitoring his activity with his new FitBit ... ;) His most active day was May 18th - the Friday we walked the entire TPC course at Las Colinas during the Byron Nelson.



Anyway, it's fun technology and we've both found that even though we bought them to track calories burned during the tournament and other events, that we like wearing them every day to keep us motivated. It will be fun to see how far we've "traveled" in the 2013 recap.

No comments:

Post a Comment