Saturday, August 8, 2009

It's alive!

So our City of Houston "bite control" contact from Kitty's bat incident back in May, responded to my early morning email and sent a nice woman ~ officer Scott ~ over to pick up our dead bat. Except he wasn't.

When I got the container out of the Tide box and handed it to her she said "oh, he's still alive ... that's good." And I said he had probably died in the night from suffocation because he wasn't moving. She popped the lid on the container, shook it around a bit and he started squirming and stretching his rubbery wings around. She said "I told you he was alive."

Since the bat was INSIDE, they'll rush the testing and results will be in on Wednesday. She said if they do not call me it means the bat did not have rabies. If they call ... it's bad news. She gave me the control number and said I could call them if I just couldn't stand it and wanted to hear them say it wasn't a sick bat. She was pretty pleased that he wasn't dead because they could get better results that way. Eeeee-gads!

More later as "bat-gate 2009" continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment