Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring is in the Air

After the deep freeze in February, we moved a few plants around and replaced a few that didn't survive the cold snap. One was this ivy that Jerry moved to the tall planter by the front door.

A week or so ago, he mentioned that every morning when he opens the front door to get the newspaper he sees a bird fly out.



So I went to investigate and this is what I found!



I'm trying to check in on the nest every few days, but I don't want to upset the mother bird. I'll try to shoot new photos one day this week.



When I found the nest, I showed the photos to Jerry and he said right after he put the plant out there he noticed all sorts of stuff sticking out between the vines - leaves, plastic, etc. - and he pulled it all out. Guess Ms. Bird had to rebuild her nest between Jerry's housecleaning and the arrival of her eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment